Frank Lloyd Wright Museum
I had recently heard of the museum opening from the SL blog entry by Pathfinder Linden
, and as a fan of Wright’s architectural works, I was glad to be able to virtually visit them in Second Life.
Click on image for full size
A few years ago, I had the pleasure of visiting the Robie house at University of Chicago in person, and can now revisit the experience, a few things were missing, but the building itself was pretty much the same.
They currently have the following buildings to tour:
- The Frederick C. Robie House of Chicago, IL,
- the Herbert Jacobs house 1 of Madison, WI;
- the Herbert Jacobs house 2 also of Madison, WI,
- The Edgar Kaufmann house of Mill Run, PA and
- the Seth Petersen Cottage of Lake Delton, WI &
- a recreation of the Water Dome foutain from The South Florida University of Lakeland, FL
They also plan to be adding additional Wright homes and buildings on a rotating basis